Apply for Overnight Family Retreats, Family Weekends, and Summer Camp in Lake Hughes
How to Apply
- Review the “How To Guide” for the session you are applying. These guides include helpful tips on applying through the CampSite database.
- Create a new CampSite account and complete the camp application
- Already have a CampSite account? Log in to your existing account
The following criteria have been established for family weekend, retreat weekends and summer camp sessions. In order for a child and their family to apply to The Painted Turtle he/she must:
- Have an eligible diagnosis
- Age Requirements:
- Family Weekend: Between the ages of 6-17
- Summer Camp: Between the ages of 7-16
- Have a minimum developmental age of 5 years
- Be able to function and participate in a group setting
- Able to communicate needs independently
- Can be without family members for a limited period of time (overnight retreats and family weekends) or the duration of the camp session (summer camp)
The following will be required to complete your application
- Clearance from Camper’s Medical Provider
- Copy of most recent Progress Notes
- Immunization Record, including Covid-19 vaccine
- Camper Health History
- Allergies (if any)
- 2022 TPT Policy Forms (available through the CampSite database)
*Please note, Supplemental Forms may also be required for specific conditions such as asthma, severe allergies or central venous lines, etc.
While we wish we could accommodate everyone, it is impossible to guarantee enrollment. Acceptance is based on medical criteria focusing on the needs of the child and our ability to provide safe and appropriate camp programming. All applications are medically reviewed by our Health Center Director and Medical Director.
For more information on the application process, please contact Camper Admissions at (661) 724-1768 or firstname.lastname@example.org.