For the safety of all participants in The Painted Turtle’s in-person programs, Camp will require all staff and volunteers to complete a PCR COVID-19 test prior to being onsite or in-person for the Camp program. In-person programs include Limited Family Days and Camp on the Move.
About the test:
- The Painted Turtle has partnered with Vault Health for COVID-19 testing.
- TPT will mail an at-home COVID-19 test kit to all confirmed volunteers.
- All tests will be supervised via a Zoom call by a TPT administrator. Volunteers will be sent a link to sign up for an appointment time.
- Tests must be taken 3-5 days in advance of the in-person camp session. For Limited Family Days, tests must be taken between Monday-Wednesday in advance of the Saturday Limited Family Day program.
- After a test sample is taken, the sample must be dropped off, same day at a UPS location. Please plan accordingly. Research your local UPS drop off locations and collection times. UPS Stores will typically result in faster shipping than a UPS drop box. To find your local UPS location, visit: https://www.ups.com/dropoff/?loc=en_US
- A negative test result must be received prior to your arrival to camp.
- A positive or inconclusive test result will disqualify you from participating in the Camp session.
Taking the test:
- Create a Vault Testing Account. Go to https://covid.vlt.co/
- Do not eat, drink, or smoke 30 minutes before the test.
- Read the blue instruction card and do not open the test tube kit prior to the Zoom call.
- A TPT administrator will guide you through collecting saliva in the tube.
- Once complete, pack up your test sample and ship the kit back to Vault Health via UPS using the shipping label provided.
- You will get a report of your results 48 hours after your sample arrives at the lab.
- The Painted Turtle will automatically receive a copy of your test results.
- You may view Vault Health’s video of how to take the COVID-19 Saliva Test here