The Painted Turtle relies on the generosity of hundreds of volunteers every year to accomplish our mission. Each year, more than 800 volunteers donate over 35,000 hours to make the magic of The Painted Turtle a reality. When you volunteer with us, you become a part of The Painted Turtle family: a caring, supportive, and compassionate community that comes together to make a difference in the lives of our campers. Our volunteer opportunities include Spring and Fall Family Weekends, Summer Sessions, and more!
The Volunteer Program is endowed by Delta Zeta Sorority.
Summer Volunteer Calendar
Limited Family Days (Lake Hughes):
Family Day 1 – Saturday, June 12, 8:30am-5pm
- Virtual Orientation: Thursday, June 10, 6:30-8pm
Family Day 2 – Saturday, June 26, 8:30am-5pm
- Virtual Orientation: Thursday, June 24, 6:30-8pm
Family Day 3 – Saturday, July 10, 8:30am-5pm
- Virtual Orientation: Thursday, July 8, 6:30-8pm
Family Day 4 – Saturday, July 24, 8:30am-5pm
- Virtual Orientation: Thursday, July 22, 6:30-8pm
Camp at Home Weekends
Kidney Disease & Transplant, Liver Disease & Transplant, Rheumatic Diseases, PIDD, TPN, IBD, Pulmonary Hypertension, Special Diagnoses and Muscular Dystrophy - June 11-13
- Orientation: Thursday, June 10 6:30-8pm
Skeletal Dysplasia & MPS - July 9-11
- Orientation: Thursday, July 8 – 6:30-8pm
Hemophilia vWD and Thalassemia – July 23-25
- Orientation: Thursday, July 22 – 6:30-8pm
Sibling – August 6-8
- Orientation: Thursday, August 5 - 6:30-8pm
Fall Volunteer Calendar
Camp on the Move: Parking Lot Party
- August 14: San Bernardino County (Redlands Area)
- August 21: Northern California, Bay Area (Alameda County)
- August 28: Los Angeles County (Culver City Area)
- September 18: San Diego County
Fall Overnight Family Retreat in Lake Hughes
- October 2-3 (Volunteers have option to arrive October 1)
Camp at Home Family Day and Holiday Gathering
- October 9, Saturday: Camp at Home Family Day
- December 4, Saturday: Camp at Home: Holiday Gathering
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 451-1353 x108.
Welcome volunteer applicants! We appreciate your interest in getting involved with our program.
All new and returning volunteers may apply by completing an online application. We accept applications on a rolling basis and we recommend applying as far in advance of the session(s) you wish to attend. We recommend completing your application at least 5-6 weeks before your desired session.
The volunteer program at The Painted Turtle is an incredibly rewarding opportunity to bring joy, laughter and smiles to our campers and families. The Painted Turtle recruits volunteers for our Family Weekend Programs during the Spring and Fall as well as for our week-long Summer Sessions and hospital and community outreach opportunities.
The Painted Turtle is currently accepting applications for our 2021 Sessions. All new and returning volunteers may apply for 2021 sessions by completing an online application.