Please review the camp calendar and
camper eligibility to determine
the best session for your child and family.
How to Apply
Family Weekend and Summer Camp Selection Criteria
The following criteria have been established for family weekend
and summer camp sessions. In order for a child and their family
to apply to The Painted Turtle he/she/they must:
- Have an eligible diagnosis
- Age Requirements:
- Family Weekend: Between the ages of 6-17
- Summer Camp: Between the ages of 7-16
- Have a minimum developmental age of 5 years
- Be able to function and participate in a group setting
- Able to communicate needs independently
- Can be without family members for a limited period of time
(overnight retreats and family weekends) or the duration of the
camp session (summer camp)
The following will be required to complete your application
- Clearance from Camper’s Medical Provider
- Copy of most recent Progress Notes
- Immunization Record, including Covid-19 vaccine
- Camper Health History
- Allergies (if any)
- 2023 TPT Policy Forms (available through the CampSite
*Please note, Supplemental Forms may also be required for
specific conditions such as asthma, severe allergies or central
venous lines, etc.
While we wish we could accommodate everyone, it is impossible to
guarantee enrollment. Acceptance is based on medical criteria focusing on the
needs of the child and our ability to provide safe and
appropriate camp programming. All applications are medically
reviewed by our Health Center Director and Medical Director.
For more information on the application process, please contact
Camper Admissions at (661) 724-1768 or email@example.com.
Camp on the Move
Camp is back on the move! This program brings The Painted Turtle
Camp magic into the community and we’d love to see you this Fall!
We will be hosting 2 events at Street Food
Cinema and we’d love to see you there!
Tickets are free for participants and The Painted Turtle will
provide a light meal and activities before the movie begins.