The Painted Turtle Outpost takes the magic and fun of what we do at our camp-site to hospitals and medical community events throughout California. The program is endowed by the Margie & Robert E. Petersen Foundation.
Outpost allows The Painted Turtle to reach out to children who are hospitalized, giving them a chance to be in an environment where they can “go to camp” and forget about their illness, at least for a little while. Since the launch of the program in September 2007, the Outpost program has brought the fun and spirit of our camp program into hospital playrooms and community events all throughout California. The Painted Turtle provides this program to hospital and partner organizations free of charge.
The Outpost staff along with a team of trained volunteers deliver this exciting and engaging program.
Can I give you a hug? Because you really made my daughter’s day! This is the first time she has smiled since surgery. —Parent of patient, UCSF
If you have volunteered at camp in the past during a Summer Session or Family Weekend, you can join The Painted Turtle Outpost team! To receive more information on how to get involved, contact Kiley Wolff, Outreach Manager, at email@example.com.
To inquire about bringing this program to your hospital or medical community event please contact Kiley Wolff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view our Hospital Outpost sites
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Children’s Hospital Orange County
- DaVita Dialysis Center, Century City
- LAC + USC Medical Center
- Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford
- Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente Oakland Medical Center
- Miller Children’s and Women’s Hospital Long Beach
- Rady Children’s Hospital
- Shriner’s for Children Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Sutter Children’s Center Sacramento
- UC Davis Medical Center
- UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital
- UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital San Francisco
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland