Summer Staff Requirements and Application
Thank you for your interest in applying for a position with The Painted Turtle!
Following the recommendations of the State of California and the Department of Public Health regarding the COVID-19 virus, we are currently hiring a handful of staff to bring our Virtual Camp at Home programs to life.
To read The Painted Turtle’s full statement about COVID-19, click here.
Read below about the requirements for applying and the online application process for staff and volunteers. We can’t wait to see you at Camp!
Summer staff must:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have the physical and mental capability of caring for campers and upholding all safety standards
- Commit to the entire length of the summer, including attendance at our mandatory All-Staff Orientation. If you are unable to commit to an entire summer, consider joining our team as a week-long virtual volunteer.
- Complete all pieces of the application process, including online application, phone interviews, and three references (no family/friends)
- Complete and submit all medical requirements, including a physical (signed by a physician), proof of current immunizations (including MMR, Chicken Pox, Tetanus, TB test), and proof of health insurance
- Pass a criminal background check (provided by The Painted Turtle)
- Be a solution-oriented, flexible, positive team player and work with our staff and volunteer community collaboratively and effectively
- Embrace our philosophy of playful professionalism: put your campers needs first at all times, engage campers in their camp experience while keeping them safe, and have contagious enthusiasm for camp
- Dedicate yourself to giving campers the best time of their lives and have fun while doing it!
We are currently accepting 2021 Summer Staff applications to bring our Virtual Camp at Home programs to life. Positions are limited and fill up quickly, so apply as soon as possible. Our staff application deadline is listed below. However, applications are accepted on an ongoing basis depending on our hiring needs. First Aid and CPR certification is strongly recommended.
2021 Application Deadline:
How to Apply
- Review the that includes helpful tips on applying through the CampSite database
- Create a new CampSite account and complete the application
- Already have a CampSite account? Log in to your existing account
We accept applicants on a rolling basis. All staff and volunteer applicants will be contacted after submitting their application. New applicants will need to complete a phone interview, reference checks, and if accepted, medical paperwork and a background check. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.