Summer Session: Hemophilia/vWD & Thalassemia
Volunteer Arrival on July 15 / Camper Application Deadline: July 6, 2023
Camper Application Deadline: July 6
We are thrilled to host seven, 5 and 6 day Summer Camp Sessions in 2023. While we continue to build the program to pre-pandemic capacity, we are sure the energy will be high and the summer camp spirit will be strong!
These programs will uphold COVID-19 policies and protocols, including testing upon arrival, wearing masks (strongly recommended), and vigilant handwashing.
Highlights of this program include:
- Cabins of up to 8 campers
- Cabin Counselors to ensure camper safety and fun!
- All of your favorite Painted Turtle activities including Woodshop, Arts and Crafts, Boating, Fishing, swimming in the pool, Creative Arts, Archery, Ropes Course and zip line, Campfire, Silly Olympics, Stage Night, and more!
Requirements and Eligibility:
- Age Requirements:
- Summer Camp: Between the ages of 7-16
- Have a minimum developmental age of 5 years
- Be able to function and participate in a group setting
- Able to communicate needs independently
- Can be without family members for a limited period of time (overnight retreats and family weekends) or the duration of the camp session (summer camp)
The following conditions are served during this session:
- Hemophilia including with inhibitors
- von Willebrand Factor Deficiency
- Diamond- Blackfan Anemia
- Aplastic Anemia
- Rare Genetic Platelet Disorders
- Documented factor deficiency for females