COVID-19 Participant Precautions and Protocols
Requirements for All Participants
The Painted Turtle is pleased to provide in-person programming to campers and families. For the safety of all participants, Camp requires that all participants agree to the following COVID-19 precautions and protocols.
The Painted Turtle follows the guidelines of the CDC, State of California, LA County Public Health Department, and recommendations for the SeriousFun Children’s Network.
All participants must self-monitor for symptoms 10 days prior to the camp session. A health screening form will need to be completed online 7 days before Camp. This health screening includes:
- Temperature check
- Screening for the presence of COVID-19 symptoms
- Exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
Participants agree to reduce their risk of exposure. We ask all participants to use their best judgement in their decision-making regarding participation in large group and high-risk activities in the 10 days prior to the Camp session.
- Participants agree to reduce their risk of exposure. We ask all participants to use their best judgement in their decision-making regarding participation in large group and high-risk activities in the 10 days prior to the Camp session.
- Participants must complete a phone screening with a Painted Turtle staff member 3-5 days prior to the camp session.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is required for all eligible participants. All participants must be fully vaccinated before attending Camp.
Staff and volunteers
- Must submit a medical clearance from a Medical Provider (MD, DO, NP, PA) annually.
- A COVID-19 booster is required, if eligible, for all Summer Camp staff and volunteers.
- Participants will complete a health screening upon arrival to camp. The health screening will include a temperature check, review of a symptom checklist, and possible exposure to COVID-19.
- Participants will be tested for COVID-19 with a rapid PCR test on arrival and before participating in any camp activities. Participants will also be tested on the 3rd day after arrival to camp.
Participants agree to:
- Stay within family or cabin cohort throughout the camp session.
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more with members outside of your cohort.
- Wear face coverings whenever you are indoors, except when eating, drinking, swimming, or in a cabin with your own cohort.
- Frequent hand washing.
- Acceptable face coverings include surgical masks, fabric masks with double layer and KN95 masks.
- The following masks are not acceptable: Neck gaiter, ski buff, bandana style and masks with a valve.
- Contact The Painted Turtle if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days after the camp session.
- Communicate with a Painted Turtle staff member for a brief post-camp check-in after your camp session.