COVID-19 Participant Precautions and Protocols
Requirements for All Participants
The Painted Turtle is pleased to provide in-person programming to campers and families. For the safety of all participants, Camp requires that all participants agree to the following COVID-19 precautions and protocols.
The Painted Turtle follows the guidelines of the CDC, State of California, LA County Public Health Department, and recommendations for the SeriousFun Children’s Network.
All participants must complete a daily health screening for 14 days prior to the camp session. Health screenings will be recorded via the CrisisGo app. This health screening includes:
- Temperature check.
- Screening for the presence of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Any close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Participants agree to refrain from any moderate-high and high-risk activities in the 14 days prior to the camp session. A full list of moderate-high and high-risk behaviors may be found here: Activity Risk Chart. Examples of these activities include traveling by plane, eating indoors at a restaurant, attending a wedding or funeral, playing contact sports, going to a movie theater, working out at a gym, among others.
- Participants must complete a phone screening with a Painted Turtle staff member 7-10 days prior to the camp session.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is strongly recommended for all eligible participants.
Staff and volunteers only:
- Must take a PCR COVID-19 test between Monday – Wednesday of scheduled Family Day at camp. All staff and volunteers must submit a negative test result prior to arrival at camp. The Painted Turtle will provide all confirmed volunteers a list of testing locations.
- Must submit a medical clearance from a Medical Provider (MD, DO, NP, PA).
- All participants are responsible for providing their own transportation to/from camp.
- Participants will complete a health screening upon arrival to camp. The health screening will include a temperature check, review of a symptom checklist, and possible exposure to COVID-19.
Participants agree to:
- Stay within family cohort throughout the camp session.
- Maintain physical distance of 6 feet or more with members outside of your family cohort.
- Wear face coverings throughout the event, except when eating, drinking, or swimming.
- Frequent hand washing
- Contact The Painted Turtle if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days after the camp session.
- Communicate with a Painted Turtle staff member for a brief post-camp check in after your camp session.