COVID-19 Participant Precautions and Protocols
Requirements for All Participants
The Painted Turtle is pleased to provide in-person programming to campers and families. For the safety of all participants, Camp requires that all participants agree to the following COVID-19 precautions and protocols.
The Painted Turtle follows the guidelines of the CDC, State of California, LA County Public Health Department, and recommendations for the SeriousFun Children’s Network.
All participants must complete a daily health screening for 14 days prior to the camp session. Health screenings will be recorded via the CrisisGo app. This health screening includes:
- Screening for the presence of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Any close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Participants agree to follow current California and Los Angeles County Public Health guidelines to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure at camp. This includes wearing a mask per public health guidelines, washing your hands frequently, and practicing social distancing. Participants are requested to do their best to make responsible decisions and consider the following in the 14 days before attending camp:
- Avoid activities where you could be identified as a close contact (less than 6 feet apart for 15 minutes or more in a 24-hour period).
- Avoid indoor activities with individuals outside your household who are unvaccinated, or their vaccination status is unknown.
- Avoid crowds where there are more than 25 people.
- Avoid non-essential travel.
- Participants must complete a phone screening with a Painted Turtle staff member 7-10 days prior to the camp session.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is strongly recommended for all eligible participants.
- If participant is unable to safely wear a mask, we strongly recommend that individual not attend camp at this time for your safety and the safety of other participants.
Staff and volunteers only:
- Must take a PCR COVID-19 test between Monday – Wednesday of scheduled Family Day at camp. All staff and volunteers must submit a negative test result prior to arrival at camp.
- The Painted Turtle has partnered with Vault Health to provide all staff and volunteers at-home COVID-19 test kits. To learn more about testing click here.
- Must submit a medical clearance from a Medical Provider (MD, DO, NP, PA).
- All participants are responsible for providing their own transportation to/from camp.
- Participants will complete a health screening upon arrival to camp. The health screening will include a temperature check, review of a symptom checklist, and possible exposure to COVID-19.
Participants agree to:
- Stay within family cohort throughout the camp session.
- Maintain physical distance of 6 feet or more with members outside of your family cohort.
- Wear face coverings throughout the event, except when eating, drinking, or swimming.
- Frequent hand washing
- Contact The Painted Turtle if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days after the camp session.
- Communicate with a Painted Turtle staff member for a brief post-camp check in after your camp session.