Volunteer Requirements and Application
Welcome volunteer applicants! We appreciate your interest in getting involved with our program.
We are currently accepting applications for volunteer positions for our 2020 Spring Family Weekends.
All new and returning volunteers may apply by completing an online application. We accept applications on a rolling basis and we recommend applying as far in advance of the session(s) you wish to attend. Please note that the deadline for all requirements is two weeks prior to a family weekend or four weeks prior to a summer session.
The Volunteer Program is endowed by Delta Zeta Sorority.
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have the physical and mental capability to care for campers
- Complete all pieces of the application process, including online application on Campsite, phone interview, and three professional references
- Complete and submit all medical requirements pertaining to your volunteer opportunity as stated in our 2020 Medical Requirements form (located on your Campsite Account under the “General” section within “Staff Forms”).
- Pass a criminal background check. If you are a US Citizen, The Painted Turtle will run the background check. If you are from outside of the US, you must provide a police certificate or its equivalent that will fulfill our background check requirements. Please contact Kylie Sedgwick, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com for questions regarding international background check clearance.
- Attend an orientation on your scheduled arrival day
- Commit to the entire length of the volunteer session
- Work with our staff and volunteer team collaboratively and effectively
2020 Spring Family Weekends
- Spina Bifida & Ataxia: February 21-23
- Neuromuscular & Genetic: March 6-8
- Liver Disease & Transplant, PIDD, TPN & IBD: March 20-22
- Rheumatic Diseases: April 3-5
- Pulmonary Hypertension: April 17-20
2020 Summer Sessions – TBD
2020 Fall Family Weekends – TBD
2020 One Day Camp Events – TBD
How to apply
All volunteer applicants will be contacted after submitting their application. New applicants will need to complete a phone interview, reference checks, and if accepted, medical paperwork and a background check.
Please be sure to complete each relevant portion of the application; incomplete applications will not be accepted. Volunteers and staff must be at least 19 years of age by their arrival to camp.
For volunteer inquiries please contact Kylie Sedgwick, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-451-1353 x108.