Volunteer Requirements and Application
Welcome volunteer applicants! We appreciate your interest in getting involved with our program.
All new and returning volunteers may apply by completing an online application. We accept applications on a rolling basis and we recommend applying as far in advance of the session(s) you wish to attend. We recommend completing your application at least 5-6 weeks before your desired session.
Summer 2021 Opportunities
This summer we have two volunteer roles open: Camp at Home Weekends (virtual) and Limited Family Day (onsite). Both opportunities require a complete CampSite application. See below for details on eligibility and how to apply.
Click here for more information about 2021 Summer volunteer roles.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 451-1353 x108.
The Volunteer Program is endowed by Delta Zeta Sorority.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have the physical and mental capability to supervise campers
- Complete all pieces of the application process, including online application on Campsite, phone interview, and three professional references
- Pass a criminal background check. If you are a US Citizen, The Painted Turtle will run the background check. If you are from outside of the US, you must provide a police certificate or its equivalent that will fulfill our background check requirements. Please contact Kylie Sedgwick, Volunteer and Recruitment Manager, at email@example.com for questions regarding international background check clearance.
- Attend the required orientation session
- Commit to the entire length of the volunteer session
- Work with our staff and volunteer team collaboratively and effectively
Volunteers for Summer 2021 Limited Family Days (onsite in Lake Hughes, CA) must:
- Currently reside in Los Angeles County OR currently reside in California and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ( 2 weeks after receiving the last recommended dose of a vaccine).
- Complete and submit all medical requirements pertaining to your volunteer opportunity as stated in our 2021 Medical Requirements form (located on your Campsite Account under the “General” section within “Staff Forms”).
- This includes a PCR COVID-19 test, pre-camp screening and symptom reviews, a physical exam, and various communications both before and after Camp.
- Avoid high-risk activities for the 14 days prior to Camp
- Be communicative and responsive with the staff team
Check out our Camp Calendar for all Session dates and Volunteer arrival days.
Camp at Home Weekends: Volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation the Thursday before the Friday-Sunday session. Volunteers will also participate in short meetings throughout the weekend.
Family Days: Volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation the Thursday before the session and will be required to arrive a few hours prior to families for an onsite walkthrough of responsibilities and precautions.
How to apply
All volunteer applicants will be contacted after their application is complete. New applicants will need to complete a phone interview and reference checks in addition to the application. All volunteers will need to complete the general and medical paperwork and pass a background check if accepted.
Please be sure to complete each relevant portion of the application; incomplete applications will not be accepted. Volunteers and staff must be at least 19 years of age by their arrival to camp.
For volunteer inquiries please contact Kylie Sedgwick, Volunteer and Recruitment Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-451-1353 x108.