Volunteer Requirements and Application
Welcome volunteer applicants! We appreciate your interest in getting involved with our program.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Following the recommendations of the State of California and the Department of Public Health regarding the COVID-19 virus, we share with a heavy heart that we have decided not to conduct Spring Family Weekends or residential camps this summer. At this time we are not accepting volunteer applications for our spring or summer programs.
To read The Painted Turtle’s full statement about COVID-19, click here.
All new and returning volunteers may apply by completing an online application. We accept applications on a rolling basis and we recommend applying as far in advance of the session(s) you wish to attend. Please note that the deadline for all requirements is two weeks prior to a family weekend or four weeks prior to a summer session.
The Volunteer Program is endowed by Delta Zeta Sorority.
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have the physical and mental capability to care for campers
- Complete all pieces of the application process, including online application on Campsite, phone interview, and three professional references
- Complete and submit all medical requirements pertaining to your volunteer opportunity as stated in our 2020 Medical Requirements form (located on your Campsite Account under the “General” section within “Staff Forms”).
- Pass a criminal background check. If you are a US Citizen, The Painted Turtle will run the background check. If you are from outside of the US, you must provide a police certificate or its equivalent that will fulfill our background check requirements. Please contact Kylie Sedgwick, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding international background check clearance.
- Attend an orientation on your scheduled arrival day
- Commit to the entire length of the volunteer session
- Work with our staff and volunteer team collaboratively and effectively
Check out our Camp Calendar for all Session dates and Volunteer arrival days.
Summer Sessions: Volunteers arrive one day prior to the start of the session for orientation.
Family Weekends: Volunteers arrive a few hours before the start of the session for orientation.
One Day Events: Volunteers arrive a few hours before the start of the event for orientation.
How to apply
All volunteer applicants will be contacted after submitting their application. New applicants will need to complete a phone interview, reference checks, and if accepted, medical paperwork and a background check.
Please be sure to complete each relevant portion of the application; incomplete applications will not be accepted. Volunteers and staff must be at least 19 years of age by their arrival to camp.
For volunteer inquiries please contact Kylie Sedgwick, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 310-451-1353 x108.