Volunteer Requirements and Application
Welcome volunteer applicants! We appreciate your interest in getting involved with our program.
All new and returning volunteers may apply by completing an online application. We accept applications on a rolling basis and we recommend applying as far in advance of the session(s) you wish to attend. We recommend completing your application at least 5-6 weeks before your desired session.
Questions? Please contact Megan O’Meara, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 310-451-1353 x108.
The Volunteer Program is endowed by Delta Zeta Sorority.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have the physical and mental capability to supervise campers
- Complete all pieces of the application process, including online application on Campsite, phone interview, and three professional references
- Pass a criminal background check. If you are a US Citizen, The Painted Turtle will run the background check. If you are from outside of the US, you must provide a police certificate or its equivalent that will fulfill our background check requirements. Please contact Megan O’Meara, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding international background check clearance.
- Attend the required orientation session
- Commit to the entire length of the volunteer session
- Work with our staff and volunteer team collaboratively and effectively
- Volunteers are eligible to apply for an onsite volunteer role if they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (2 weeks after receiving the last recommended dose of a vaccine). All summer volunteers must receive the COVID-19 booster dose, if eligible.
- Volunteers must complete the full CampSite application. o New volunteers must also complete a phone interview and submit three reference checks.
- Volunteers must also be sure to complete several requirements following confirmation. For this information in full, refer to the Medical Requirements form on CampSite.
- Medical forms/agreements, including health history, immunizations, and more
- A medical clearance form signed by your provider
- Agree to all COVID-19 Participant Protocols and Precautions pre-camp, during camp, and post-camp.
How to apply
All volunteer applicants will be contacted after their application is complete. New applicants will need to complete a phone interview and reference checks in addition to the application. All volunteers will need to complete the general and medical paperwork and pass a background check if accepted.
Please be sure to complete each relevant portion of the application; incomplete applications will not be accepted. Volunteers and staff must be at least 19 years of age by their arrival to camp.
For volunteer inquiries please contact Please contact Megan O’Meara, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 310-451-1353 x108.